The Knoxville Fire Department is investigating an early morning North Knoxville house fire.
Crews called to Hickory Drive this morning after receiving a call the resident smelled smoke and heard a loud explosion and found their roof on fire after leaving the home.
KFD says they found live electrical lines down in the front yard and the entire roof of the home engulfed in flames.
Two adults and two children as well as a dog and three cats made it out of the home safe and no injuries have been reported. The home has suffered heavy fire damage on one end with smoke and water damage throughout the house.
KFD says the home had smoke detectors with dead batteries.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family.